Tuesday, October 28, 2008

RAID

We started off this week with RAID (Rapid And Immediate Deployment). An excellent class involving simulated weapons and an abandoned office building.

A simulated weapon is basically an auto pistol which operates exactly like a regular pistol. The only difference is that instead of firing a live round a paintball is ejected from the barrel causing a mark on your intended target.

RAID training is basically similar to building searches which I mentioned earlier in one of my blogs except for the fact that this is a response to an active shooter situation. We had a lot of fun, what a great way to start the week not to mention a Monday morning!

As an avid paintball player I was in my element here, which is probably why I offered to play the bad guy. I was glad I did, I got to shoot a lot, and didn’t have to wait my turn to play. Great training tool, well executed scenarios.